Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oh So Not Good!!!

Last week was a very difficult week at the old home front. It all started last Monday, I was driving along singing to the radio and my car made some funny noise. I pulled over checked it all out and it looked ok. I called Hubby and told him of the noise and he said"maybe it was just ice falling off the car" so I continued my journey. Well by the time I got home it sounded terrible. So Tuesday off to the shop it went only for them to tell me that my transmission had a hole in it and it is fried. Then Tuesday afternoon my husband thought his truck looked a little funny in the driveway and he went to investigate it. Well the rear end axle is rusted and folded over, so now his truck is toast and can never be driven again. Oh yeah and Tuesday Morning I was in my sons room looking for his math book for him, and I tripped over the cord to my laptop and slammed it to the floor, broken! Wednesday my Hubby tripped over his own feet and knocked my beautiful mirror off the wall. Broken. We have a car that needed a little work that we bought for my son, for when he gets his license in May, it was on the side of the house with a snow plow berm in front of it, Hubby dug it out and has been working on it so we have a car to drive. I have a friend who let me borrow her excursion, although a total gas hog I was very grateful..........well the 4 wheel drive went out on it...........It doesn't have studs and it is very scary to drive now, it wants to go sideways and let me tell you an 8000 pound vehicle that does not belong to me that wants to be sideways is NOFUN! So I have it parked in my driveway. I will call Monday and see if they have found a transmission for my car and see how much it will cost..........where that money will come from who knows.

On the bright side of things I have my homework done and the term is winding down, just 3 more weeks and I get a lovely, well deserved Month vacation.

5 comments:

Ms. Diva said...

Holy Moly!! Sounds like we have the same luck with cars!! I hope it gets bettr for you....

Darcie said...

Robyn...that is one TOUGH week indeed. For sure luck as got to turn back around very quickly.

Hope you all have a special Thanksgiving.

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Oh sweetie!!! I'll pray for you my dear that things start to look up soon!

HUGS

He & Me + 3 said...

Omgosh. I hope that the cost is not too much. That is not good.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Joanne said...

I've had similiar occurences. Always around the holidays. Good luck with everything!