Monday, August 24, 2009

Little Country Fair

Saturday we headed out to the little country fair in Ninilchik. We go every year and it is one of my favorite places to go. We always start off with a great spicy reindeer hot dog with grilled onions. I just love food at the fair.


This is Alex cooking his dogs and grilled onions. Mmm mmm good!
Then we always walk through the animals to see what the 4-H kids are doing and how well they take care of their animals.






On these pictures I'm sure you can tell I LOVE cows. I think they are so cute!






Wanna kiss that big sloppy nose?





Dig the earrings!







These kids were singing Credence Clear waters Have you ever seen rain. They were awesome. I love watching kids preform!















This young lady made fireweed Jelly and gave a step by step instruction board on how to make it.









A Nine year old drew this picture and I really like it!










Last but not least my son and I with our fair goodies. He always has to have a Carmel apple and I have to have Cotton candy. That makes the fair complete!











8 comments:

jen@odbt said...

The feathers on the hen are gorgeous. I'm with you...nothing like fair food. For me, it's all about funnel cake.

He & Me + 3 said...

Great pictures & fair food is so yummy!

McCrakensx4 said...

What fun! I wished I sometimes lived in a smaller city to have fun fairs like that! Love the last pic...great one for Where's Mom?!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

How fun I can't wait for ours to come here! I'm loving all the pictures and that one drawn by the 9 y/o is very cool! Loving the pictures of you :)

shabby girl said...

Sounds like a very fun day! I love cows too. Such sweet faces. I noticed that many people are wearing just tshirts. Must be warm?

Jacki said...

I love our county fair! It's soooo random.
Everything from livestock to tractor pulls.
I gotta have a funnel cake tho!

christy rose said...

Looks like you had a great time! Fair food is always a main attraction for my family too.

Mrs. S said...

Man, I feel so bad... you are so consistent leaving comments and mine are an occasional shot in the dark. I just wanted to say I thought the little cow noses were so sweet! haha

It reminds me of bottle-feeding orphan calves as a kid.

I hope you are doing well!

Love, Tasha