Sunday, May 31, 2009

Doggie Love

This poochie comes and visits my house every day. He is a bright spot in my days. Sometimes when I get home from work he is here and greets me at the car when I pull up. I'm not sure who's dog it is but I have become very fond of him.

Since he is here often I have come to name him Jake. He comes by that name while here, and knows my house rules. He stays out of the kitchen, sits and lays down when told.
When I tell him to come to Mama, he heads right over for some love. I know he is not a stray doggy because he looks so well taken care of. He has a collar but no name of his owners on it.
There are days I want to put a note on him and tell whoever that I Love their dog and Thanks for sharing him with me.

If I had my way he would stay here and be my dog, but I can't just take him away with out asking first. I Love dogs and especially him. He is such a good boy!


14 comments:

T said...

He's a handsome fella!

T said...

He's a handsome fella!

I agree - I'd be putting a note with my number!

Wanda..... said...

Jake has a very sweet face...maybe he is adopting you...Couldn't hurt to attach a note...and number like Tracy says.

aurbie said...

Looks like you have a new dog, Robyn.

Sweet puppy.

He & Me + 3 said...

He is precious! How sweet of you to love him like that. He must love you too!

McCrakensx4 said...

I am with MiMi! He must love you just as much to be coming for visits! He looks like the dog I had growing up!

jen@odbt said...

What a nice daily visit. I would want to keep him too.

Tina said...

What a cutie!

Darcie said...

How sweet is that? It is amazing how quickly a dog will win it's way into your heart.

shabby girl said...

I recently read Merle's Door, a book about a "free" dog that made his rounds about town every single day. This sounds very similar!
I highly recommend the book too!

Kelly said...

Guess he picked YOU!! :o)

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Ahhh how sweet my dear, I think a note would be good too. I had a kitty that kept showing up at our house when I was little. One day didn't make her go home and her house burnt down that night. Poor family had to move and Nicole became my kitty. Animals sometimes pick their owners :)

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

Awwww......Jake is a handsome fella isn't he? He knows where to go for special love and attention.......to Rockin Robyn's house :)
You are so precious Robyn to show this puppy the love you do. I'll bet he can't wait until you get home every day.
I knew I loved you gal.....anyone who loves animals and children are just good people.
I'm woking on my shots for Friday.....I'm so behind, lol.
Thank you for the sweet post card. You made my day :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Suzy said...

What a sweet little doggy story. Looks to me like he enjoys your company just as much as you do his!